Choosing the Perfect Havanese Color!
Everyday our Royal Flush Havanese puppies are growing and developing and their Havanese color is changing. They are beginning to walk, “talk” and show their personalities. The Havanese breed is known for their intelligence and easy going personalities. You can always count on the Havanese’s “eager to please temperament”. Because of that, most of our pups are chosen based on Havanese color. What most new puppy parents don’t realize is that as your puppy is physically & mentally developing and changing so too is his coloring! You can say goodbye to the traditional all white or black and white pups as your only options, although they are always gorgeous! This breed is truly unique because they have such a large variety in Havanese color shades, markings and patterns! We get so many calls from puppy parents after puppies go home and are full grown telling us their pups look completely different now! Below is an informative guide to show you and help you through the process of choosing a puppy based on Havanese color and how the color may change:
COMMON COLOR OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:
- BLACK: COLOR WILL NEVER CHANGE
- CHOCOLATE: COLOR MAY/MAY NOT CHANGE
- CREAM: COLOR WILL COMPLETELY CHANGE
- FAWN: COLOR WILL COMPLETELY CHANGE
- GOLD: FULL GOLD WILL NOT LOSE COLOR ONLY LIGHTEN
- RED: FULL RED WILL NOT LOSE COLOR ONLY LIGHTEN
- SILVER: COLOR WILL COMPLETELY CHANGE
COMMON MARKING OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:
- WHITE MARKINGS: SMALL PATCHES OF WHITE TRIM
- TAN POINTS: TAN COLOR LAID OUT IN A IN A SPECIFIC PATTERN
- SILVER MARKINGS: SILVER COLORING FOUND ON TRIM OF COAT
- PARTI-COLOR: 51%+ OF PROMINENT COLOR WITH IRREGULAR PATCHES OF 2ND COLOR
- CREAM MARKINGS: SMALL PATCHES OF CREAM TRIM
- SILVER POINTS: SMALL PATCHES OF SILVER TRIM
- IRISH PIED: 51%+ OF ANY COLOR NOT WHITE, WITH SPECIFIC 2ND COLOR PATTERN
- PARTI BELTON: FLECKS OF COLOR THROUGH A WHITE COAT
There are truly so many options! We are here to help guide you through choosing the perfect puppy for you and your family! Most recently brindles and sables have been born in a plethora of colors! They are the colors most are drawn to. Our moms and dads are consistently producing the most amazing selections of the colors.
COMMON SABLE COLOR OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:
SABLE: LIGHT TONES TO THE ROOT, DARK TONES ON THE TIP OF THE COAT.
- RED SABLE
- GOLD SABLE
- CHOCOLATE SABLE
- FAWN SABLE
COMMON BRINDLE COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM:
BRINDLE: DARK TONES TO THE ROOT, LIGHT ON THE TIP OR THE COAT.
- BLACK BRINDLE
- GOLD BRINDLE
- SILVER BRINDLE
- RED BRINDLE
What most people don’t realize is the drastic change in a puppy’s coat color through the course of his first year of life! You may bring home a black brindle boy and by the time he is full grown he could be silver or white! Below is a gallery of color changes that the Havanese go through in the first 12 months of their lives! You can see more detailed descriptions and photos of the colors/markings discussed above (and many more!) on our Royal Flush Havanese Colors Page!
EXAMPLES OF ROYAL FLUSH HAVANESE WITH DRASTIC COLOR CHANGES:
Remember at Royal Flush Havanese we are ALWAYS here to help you! Let us know if you are interested in a specific colored pup or if you already have a pup who has had a drastic change in his coloring please share with us! No matter what color your Havanese is (or may turn out to be!) just remember that your pup will be an absolutely gorgeous, happy, wonderful little companion! Be sure to share an update and review on your sweet pup on our Havanese Reviews Page!