How Royal Flush Havanese Is Paying It Forward Through Community Involvement
- Royal Flush Havanese works with the Make-A-Wish Foundation who grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. We are SO excited that in April, 2017 we were able to make one child’s wish come true by donating a puppy to him and his family!
- In 2011, Royal Flush Havanese began a program to help our less fortunate neighbors survive these difficult times and also to help our puppy buyers save a little money on their puppies. If you donated 20 canned goods or non perishable to our food bank drive, you saved $200 off the price of your puppy. At times we’ve given a greater discount on certain pups with the donation of 50 cans! Often people brought extra cans because they knew their contributions really made a difference. Thank you to everyone who made that project such a tremendous success! In 2011, we donated more than 2000 canned goods to RICAN, the Rhode Island Center Assisting Those in Need.
- In 2012, Royal Flush Havanese collected canned good donations exceeding 4000 cans! WOW! The following is an excerpt from a letter I received from RICAN: As you may know, we currently provide emergency services to over 22,000 individuals. Faced with this profound and rising need in an uncertain economy, demand has nearly doubled over the last year, RICAN stands at a crossroad. Our solid track record, reputation and unique role in the region offer signs of hope. Contributions from people like you, who wish to better the lives of another, help us to continue our work.
The Havanese Mobile loaded with 1094 of your canned goods for RICAN!
- In 2013, Royal Flush Havanese launched a discount program to help the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society find a cure for these cancers. If you bring a $25 donation in the form of a check made out to LLS, we give you a $100 discount off the price of your puppy!
- Royal Flush Havanese also sponsors our local community’s Youth Basketball League and Girl’s Softball League.
- The Autism Spectrum Disorder Foundation has also received financial support from us. We have several friends and relatives whose family members are affected.
- Holly Anderson Mastroianni, owner of Royal Flush Havanese has personally raised thousands of dollars for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in honor of her grandmother and her husband who have both battled Lymphoma.
- In both 2014 AND 2016, Royal Flush Havanese awarded $3200 grants to Gardiner Middle School to build and stock a STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) lab.
RI Dog Breeder Collects Food and Financial Donations for RICAN
Royal Flush Havanese Collects Over 4000 Canned Goods